Team Swim Suit
The Nike Victory Color Block swimsuit is the official suit of the Hammerhead swim team. This suit is part of their "forever" series which means it is not a limited 2-year design like many other suits. Families that take care of their suits can hand them down to siblings or friends. The intention is to keep using this suit for many years to come. Please note, competing in team suits, is not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged.
Care & Maintenance
To insure your suits lasts as long as possible it is recommended that swimmers use a different suit for practices and hanging out at the pool. Here are some other care and maintenance recommendations:
- Pre-rinsing is essential in getting your swimsuit clean. After practice or a meet, rinse off the suit in a utility sink to remove as much chlorine and body soil as possible.
- After rinsing out the suit, you must wash it. Plain water does not remove all the body soil or chlorine. Refill the sink with cool water and add just a tablespoon or less of mild liquid detergent. Don't use powders because they may not dissolve completely or rinse away well. And, never use bleach. Turn your swimsuit inside out. Swish for several minutes and then rinse well. Gently squeeze - don't wring - the water out of the fabric.
- Do not put your suit in the washer, even in a mesh bag. The agitation and spinning is too harsh.
- Never put a swimsuit in the dryer. High heat causes shrinking and fades colors. Spread your suit flat to dry in a spot out of direct sunlight. The UV rays from the sun can both fade and break down the fibers in your suit. Never use a dryer.
- Never iron your suit. If there are wrinkles, dampen the suit and they will fall out. Be sure your suit is completely dry before storing.
- Watch where you sit. Most pool sides and decks are rough so that you won't slip when they are wet. Even if it doesn't seem too rough, it is to your suit. Always sit or lay on a towel. Be careful when rising from an inside pool bench or steps. Once a swimsuit is snagged it cannot be repaired.
- USE A DIFFERENT SUIT FOR TRAINING!!! The "Grab Bag" suits at Swim Outlet can be a great deal. You pick a size, they'll send what they have.
Each season sizing box where actual suits can be tried on to verify fit. Announcements will be sent when that happens. If a swimmer cannot a make arrangements when sizing box is available, Dick's Sporting Goods and most swim shops have Nike suits you can try on to find your Nike size. As a last resort, you can try one a different brand, like Speedo, but fit may not be exactly right.
Suits are ordered through our vendor's Swim Shop, Inc. website. The easiest way to get there is clicking on the Swim Shop tab in the upper right of this page. If suits are ordered before the April 15th deadline with the "huntleyhills" coupon code, you can avoid shipping charges. You can avoid shipping charges after that date if you pick up in one of their satellite locations, but most of the are in the north metro area. Don't worry about the color shown on the site, they know our team's colors and logo.